About this mod
Audio replacement pack for Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries using audio from Mechwarrior Online
- Permissions and credits
What this mod replaces:
- All ballistics including Standard single fire AutoCannons and their reloads, Burst-Fire AutoCannons with edited audio, LBX-10, Gauss, and Machineguns.
- All energy including Standard, Short-Burst, Pulse, Chem Lasers, Flamers and PPCs
- All missiles including LRM and SRM
- All mech engines audio, pitch, yaw, and mech footsteps
- Some mech equipment including AMS, and MASC
- Some environmental audio including bullet impacts with both mechs and the ground
What this mod doesn't replace:
- MWO's B'in Betty. Theres already a mod on Nexusmods for just that. If you wish to have the MWO BB alongside this mod its best to download the mod off the nexus
- UAC5 audio is not edited due to using YAWM, UAC's are single fire and pull audio from standard AC5 audio along with UAC2 10 and 20. And switching between with and without YAWM on constantly was more annoying than worth the while to try and get the audio timing. Thus I excluded it from the mod.
Is this mod compatible with other mods?:
It should, yes. As it only edits audio files. It should be almost 99% compatible with mods aside other mods that replace the same files as this mod does. It will probably work with most mods that add extra weapons but your mileage may vary if modders have added custom audio or set the mods to pull audio from already existing audio in game files.
- MASC audio starts off very quiet and becomes warped the closer it gets to peak MASC crit. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know.
- Audio sometimes auto ducks for certain audios like mech pitch / yaw / engine sounds / weapon ground impacts from ballistics and missiles. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know.
- Sometimes no pitch / yaw sound plays for mechs at all. It seems random which mechs it happens to. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know.
Maybe planned / Future features:
-Possibility of adding custom pitch / yaw / engine sounds for all existing mechs from their MWO customs. Currently only choice mech engine and pitch / yaw sounds were chose I felt were best for the mechs. And since I don't have the current coding know how or knowledge of how to attempt this. So if anyone has any idea how to implement this I'd be more than happy to learn how to. Otherwise its just a pipe dream.